ClearScale is a leading cloud systems integration firm providing a wide range of cloud services including architecture design, development, integration, migration, automation, and managed services. We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized business, and startups succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly and there is high demand for the services we provide. Clients come to us for our deep experience with key cloud infrastructure, automation, and management providers like AWS, Chef, Docker, and RightScale.
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact, enjoy competitive compensation, work on a wide variety of projects for clients across multiple industries, and work alongside some of the best minds in cloud.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Technical Cloud Project Manager is a client-facing role. The PM’s responsibilities start from the moment a project is signed and until the engagement is complete and the project is successful. The position is a blend of Project Manager and Technologist.
- Manages client engagements from kickoff to delivery
- Monitors project dates, tasks, hours spent, risks, blockers, and customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle
- Identifies scope changes from the original plan or agreement and escalates to the management team
- Works directly with tech leads and directors to ensure project success
- Facilitates meetings and other communication, status reporting, and takes meeting notes
- Manages customer expectations and meets clients face-to-face as needed
- Seeks process improvements
- Reviews project hours reports for accuracy, detail, correct projects, limits
- Does not manage personnel
- Does not perform any "hands-on" technical work
The ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of technical project management and engagement management
- Understanding of infrastructure and cloud technologies is required
- Consulting organization experience is highly preferred
- Proficient in project scheduling and project lifecycle best practices
- Organized and motivated team player, with the ability to manage multiple projects while paying close attention to detail
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Results-oriented person with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) are required
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence, and other project management tools
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile